Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tuesday

Today was a little bit better but not too much. All the students have pretty much forgotten the english they knew so it's VERY hard to communicate with them. I am trying very hard to get the patience i need but it's starting to get very difficult. Still the main class that needs to be prayed about the most is my 2nd grade math class. They are all very full of energy and are hard to control especially when you have 17 spanish speaking children running around a classroom not able to understand the commands i give to them. I'm praying really hard right now that God will allow some kind of something to take place to restore my patience and enthusiasm to show me that these kids are understanding just a little of what i'm teaching atleast. I hope all is well at home and thanks againg to everyone for their prayers and support

1 comment:

  1. No habla Espanol! Habla Ingles? I bet they are comprehending more than you think. I remember my first week with the kids on my "mission field". I told the story of Adam and Eve. There was a craft to go with it. I was moving right along and then one of the kids shouted out, who are Adam and Eve? Yikes!! Talk about tears pooling in your eyes. I asked the child, well who were the first people God created? The reply? Mary and Joseph. Nova Scotia, like Guatemala, was primarily a Catholic country. The children hadn't even heard of Adam and Eve. That's when I knew that our sweet Jesus was going have to do the teaching through me and He was going to have to give me His patience because I sure wasn't going to have enough on my own. Miracle of miracles, He did the teaching. He had the patience. Afterall, remember He is Patience. Don't worry about teaching on your own or being patient on your own. Let HIM DO IT FOR YOU! I love you bushel and a peck and hug around the neck!

    ReplyDelete