Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 11, 2009

Today was a good day all in all. Me and Jessica decided to sleep in today and we both slept till about 10! So that was good:) Instead of going to church with Pam and Steve and the kids we decided to have our own little worship time together where we shared our testimonies and just got to know each other a little more and after that i honestly can not imagine having anyone better to be here with to experience all this with. We are both in very similiar places in not only our walk with God but also in life. We both opened up with each other quite a bit today and i really enjoyed it and am extremely glad we took the time to do that! It just shows how amazing the Lord we serve is he knew exactly who to place me here with to get the most out of the experience! After that today we(and in saying we i mean jessica) fixed a very good lunch for us, we ate very well today and are both a little more relieved about what we're going to have to eat here...we also went back into the city today to the hardware store with Steve a four of the older children, where we figured out Jessica and I were scammed when we got our phones! The man selling them to us sold us 150 regular minutes and 600 guatemalan bonus minutes which we were told could be used for international calls, but today we were informed they were only for local calls so we are now stuck with 550 local minutes on our phones that we will not use! But it's ok...we're trying to stay optimistic with that! Tomorrow is the first day of classes so be praying for us we are both extremely nervous! We are both extremely grateful for everyone's support and prayers we are very fortunate to have such amazing people behind us. Thanks to all and see you all soon!
Mackenzie

7 comments:

  1. Mackenzie What a wonderful day you have had, I am so glad that you and Jessica got to know each other today, God always knows what you need if we will just listen to him. Let Jessica know that she is in my prayers. I am so proud of both of you, this is such an amazing opportunity for both of you to show God's love in a way that some of us will never get. I love you and am proud of you.

    Kathye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it's mom..... I am really glad you have this blog.... I love being able to follow the wonderful things you are doing there in Guatemala....... I am glad you and Jessica had a good day and that you were able to spend time together.... I look forward to hearing how things go tomorrow...... Take care and know that you and Jessica are in my prayers..... I Love You......Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck girls! Hope you have a wonderful day! We are praying for you here and look foward to your updates! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mackenzie ... you have been in my thoughts, on my heart, and in my prayers several times today ... and I will continue to keep you (& Jessica) there and lift you both up. I love you! Love, Ms. Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kenzie ~ I'm so glad that you made it there safe and are having such a wonderful time. I'm so proud of you!!! I'm glad you and Jessica got a chance to spend some time together and get to know each other. I'm so excited for you and the work you are doing in Guatemala. You have grown up to be such a beautiful, loving and amazing person!!! It's great to hear how both you and Jessica have been blessed since your arrival, just remember, it's just the beginning of many blessings to come!!! I will keep you and Jessica in my thoughts and prayers daily. I love you, Aunt Julie.

    Granny and Papa (they do not have internet access right now) said to tell you hello, they love you and are praying for you daily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Kenzie. I was so glad to find your blog. Knowing how God is blessing you each day makes me happy. I continue to pray for you constantly. When I wake up during the night, you and Jessica are what I think of and pray for. I'm so thankful God placed Jessica with you. It's amazing how He know what we need before we do. I love you always and pray for you and Jessica. Love always, Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like that phone card salesman needs our Jesus. He's the very first one of your contacts that I'm going to pray for...I'll pray for his salvation...I'll pray that Jesus would put him back in your path so you can tell him that you forgive him for his dishonesty because Jesus has forgiven you for yours..You never know who God might put in your path to minister, too...and sometimes it's not the people you expect...

    ReplyDelete