Sunday, January 18, 2009

La Camino

As you read in the last post we found a christian cafe this weekend called Cafe Ywam owned and ran by English Christians in Antigua. While we were there we were told about an English church in Antigua called La Camina. It is a bilingual church that was started a few years ago. It was absolutely amazing. The preacher would preach a few lines and then there was a girl who translated it to Spanish. The songs were sung one verse in English the next in Spanish. The way these people brought the two cultures together to worship the same Lord was a very amazing experience. I have never felt the Lord so present in my life. The pastor asked specifically prayer for his staff so that's what i'm asking from everyone is to be in prayer for the staff of the church and also just the church in general. What they are doing is amazing and very inspiring. I wish everyone had the chance to get to experience what Jessica and I were able to this morning it is a life experience all in its own. Be praying for that church and for further success for them!

4 comments:

  1. That is so amazing Mackenzie! The courage and faith you've shown by just listening to Him and being obedient to his call is such encouragement. I can't even imagine. I will be praying for you and this awesome church God has led you to.

    "You are joined together with peace through the Spirit; so make every effort to continue together in this way. There is one body and one Spirit, and God called you have one hope." Ephesians 4:3-4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, isn't it amazing how big God's family is? That old song really is true. Believers all over the world are united in Jesus' name. Whether you are worshipping in Spanish, English, Chineese or French, the unity comes through the worship. I feel the same way you described in my church every single Sunday. It continues to amaze me every Sunday. God truly inhabits the praise of His children. We miss you, praying for you every day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mackenzie,
    Good to hear that things are going so well. Just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that I'm thinking about you and we are all remembering you in prayer. Keep up the good work and continue to show God's love to all you meet.

    Looking forward to future entries.

    Love You,
    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  4. MacKenzie, Glad to hear you are doing better I was worried when you called in the prayer request. But we all prayed for you and the Women's group is praying for you. I also have ask my co-workers to remember you in their prayers. I am so proud of you and I love you. God will continue to bless you and Jessica.
    Love you
    Kathye

    ReplyDelete