Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First day of classes

The first day of classes went pretty much as expected. The children who do not live at La Senda(which is the majority of the students) have been without English for about 3 months now so they've all forgotten what they learned so it's pretty much back to square one with that. It was pretty frustrating but i know the Lord will be with Jessica and I as we struggle to communicate with the children. In my second grade math class is where i'm going to be needing most of your prayers. The first lesson was reviewing counting up to 100 and only a few select students knew how to count higher than 30 so i've got my work cut out for me in there. I appreciate all the love and support everyone is sending our way it's one thing that keeps my spirits high and frustration low. I think it's just beginning to settle for jessica and i that we are away from everything we know and are in a completely different place where all we really have are one another so i really need some prayer when it comes to us keeping our spirits high and knowing that we are here for a reason bigger than us. Thanks again to everyone and sorry for no blog yesterday the internet was down! I'll be sure to get on again later and fill everyone in on the events of today!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kenz..... I am glad to see your internet is working again...... I hope your day went better today...... You and Jessica were in my prayers all day..... I love you.......

    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for you here in AC! Hope your day was great. I am so proud of you- you may be the only light these children ever see. He will do great things with you. Believe it!!

    Love you,

    Lea Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kenzie, thanks for letting us know how you are doing and how we need to be praying for you and Jessica. Keep trying and doing your best and our Lord Jesus will take care of the rest. He is so grateful that His child is willing to go and do what He has asked you to do. He will carry you Kenzie. He loves you and cares for you.....by the way so do I. Sleep well. Love, KK

    ReplyDelete
  4. HMM, let me think about that...counting to a hundred in English? Could I count to a hundred in Spanish? Uno, dose, tres, quatro, cinco...Well I made it to five...LOL!!!... counting to a hundred is a big goal...maybe start with counting to thirty..then forty...then fifty...it's kind of like that old joke, how do you eat an elephant?...one spoonful at a time!

    ReplyDelete