Sunday, February 22, 2009

The weekend

This weekend we got a little adventurous and hiked a volcano!! It was amazing with what we got to experience! It was an experience you only dream of getting to have and never think you'll experience first hand. Other than that we didn't do very much this weekend. The volcano trip lasted all day saturday and wore us out! We went to church today and it was amazing as usual. It actually had a great lesson that opened my eyes and is what i've decided to focus my blog on for today!

1 Corinthians 13:1-3-
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,but have not love, it profits me nothing.

This is what the Pastor started out with today. It meant alot to me because it reminded me of how no matter how frustrating things with my kids get here the main thing is just to show them love. Even if they learn nothing more than they knew before i got here it's fine as long as they see the love of God shine through me. And it's something that we all need to learn and show at home everyday of our lives to everyone we come in contact with. Our purpose is on this earth is to be a light for the Lord and show people who He is and what He has done for us and the one way we can do that is show them love and compassion no matter how hard that may be at some points in life. I just felt that laid on my heart to share with everyone! Hope all is well at home and will see everyone in just a few short weeks!

1 comment:

  1. 'Kenzie,
    I read your blog every time you post....thank you for taking time to do this. I am so proud of you and just love what you are doing and the difference you are making in so many lives.

    Take care of yourself and take in every moment of this experience.

    Love You Sweetie,
    ~Serena

    ReplyDelete