Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Life in Guatemala!!!

Again i've let it take too long for me to write! I'm really sorry i have not done better at keeping up with everything on my blogs! This past weekend in Antigua was great! We both just took the weekend to relax. We didn't do much at all but it was so great! On Sunday after church our ride was running a little late so we decided to just walk around to pass the time. In Antigua there are quite a few homeless people on the streets and jessica and I just don't feel comfortable giving them actual money, but we were both tired of just walking right past them and not doing anything for them. So Jess had the idea of going and buying food so we went to the grocery store and bought a box of cheerios and 2 1.5lt bottles of water and some cups and walked around and handed out water and cheerios and the thankfulness we received from these people was extremely humbling! It was an amazing experience i wanted to share with everyone!

Over the past few weeks i've been learning more and more about just letting God take control
of things and putting my faith in that everything is predestined and only helps me grow more closer to the Lord. I've been struggling with what my purpose in life is and what i want to do with the rest of my life and been trying to figure that out even before i came to La Senda but something i've learned in the past week through scripture and a song that jessica introduced me to is that our life is not our life to plan. Our life is all about serving the Lord and giving everything we have to him and following wherever he leads us. Even in my darkest times now i can just remember that and it make me feel one hundred times beter!

I hope all is well at home and am going to be home in ONE MONTH! how crazy is that seems like i just got here and now it's almost time for me to be home

This is the song that i have been listening to quite a bit over the past week that has meant alot to me! I just wanted to share with everyone!

You are my forever love

From the bottom of my heart I’ll sing to You
From the depths of who I am I love You
With everything inside I’ll run to You
‘Cause all that I’ve become I owe to You

From the bottom of my heart I’ll sing to You
From the depths of who I am I love You
With everything inside I’ll run to You
‘Cause all that I’ve become I owe to You

Nothing in this world could ever separate us
I will love You more than anyone on earth
Nothing I desire could ever satisfy me the way that You do



3 comments:

  1. Mackenzie just glad you keep us posted as much as you do. We love you and miss you but are also very proud of you. God is definately working thru you and he is doing wonders

    ReplyDelete
  2. We realize how busy you are, Sweetie Pie! But it's great to hear what our wonderful Jesus is doing in your life and how He is using your life to bring Him glory. You see, that's what your purpose in life is...Scripture says our purpose in life is to bring Him glory and pleasure..you might not realize it but you are living out God's purpose for your life already...teaching those kids...handing of those Cheerios...you bring Him glory...now thats a life purpose you can really be proud of...Love you bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck..Nee Nee

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you are still growing! God planned this trip not just for you to minister to others, but for you to be ministerd to also! It's amazing to read your story! You will have so much to share when you get home. We should all get together and talk about things!!

    ReplyDelete