Friday, February 27, 2009

Our day today!!

Today was an overall good day! We only had half a day of classes so me and Jess went to antigua where we planned to just grab some lunch walk around a little then head back to La Senda for the weekend. Well for the past 2 weeks i've been expecting a package from home so when we went to the post office today to check the mail i was very excited to find out that i had received the package but they told me that i could not get it until 3 because they were out to lunch at the moment so Jess and I went and got lunch and just hung out till 3 and went back to the post office where they told us that the package was in Guatemala City, which is about 45 min away from antigua so we found a taxi and decided to try to hurry and make it because the post office in Guatemala City is only open till 4:30 we finally made and rushed to the post office, which was still open! I was so excited! So we found the office we were supposed to go to and we were then informed that i had to have either a guatemalan id or my passport which i had neither, and my driver's licsence wouldn't suffice. So we try to coax them into giving me my box for about twenty minutes and they weren't having it so we left the post office...without my box...Needless to say we were both pretty bummed when we left and felt like we had just wasted an entire day. It wasn't until later tonight that i realized the Lord was teaching me a lesson through all this. For the past two weeks i have been so incredibly anxious to get my box and my stuff from home and i was willing to do alot for this box of "things". All the box has in it is some school supplies, shirts, and a few odd and in things mom threw in there for me. I do not need this box. Yes it'd be nice to have but is it worth stressing over? or running around like a crazy person trying to get to it? or get upset and frustrated with the people at the post office because they were doing their jobs and that interfered with me having what i wanted? no it definitely was not. I believe the Lord was showing me today not only to be patient and wait for him but to realize the importance or in this case unimportance of some things.

On the way back from guatemala city on the bus Jessica sat next to a little boy about 3 years old and his mother was beside me on the other side. Jess had some little action figures left from a couple weeks ago when we handed out the cheerios, water, and toys to the homeless. So she pulled them out and gave them to the little boy and played with him on the way back. You could tell this meant quite a bit to the mother and that she was very thankful toward Jess for the way she was handling her son. Jessica brought up another good point tonight on why we went through what we did today with my mail...What if the Lord just put us in that exact situation to put us on that bus with that mother and son to be a light to them and to show them God's love. That in itself is a million times over worth the stress and disappointment i felt today after not receiving my box.

Today was Yeny's 10th birthday we all celebrated it tonight with her! It was an amazing time to spend with the kids! I have fallen in love with these kids i don't know how i'm going to be able to leave them in only a few weeks! Tomorrow we are taking 3 of the older kids into guatemala city for bowling and lunch tomorrow we are so excited about it! we can't wait and they seem pretty excited as well! Hope everyone at home is doing well! Have a great weekend and thank you again for all the continuing love prayers and support you are sending me!

No comments:

Post a Comment