Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Last Full Week of Classes!!

We have officially began the last week of teaching. It's extremely bittersweet. I don't think Jessica or I neither one know exactly how we feel about it. Of course we're excited to come home and see everyone but leaving here and leaving these kids behind is going to be one of the hardest things i think i've ever had to do. The connection we've formed with all of them is one that we'd form with family at home and i honestly feel like i'm leaving one family and coming home to another. I have said many times before how the one thing i believe i've learned the most about is faith and relying on God since i've been here and i now, more than ever, feel that way. Before i came i was so nervous about what i was getting into. I was leaving my family, who i'd never left for more than a week, and going to a whole different country where i didn't fluently speak their language, and on top of all that i was going to be moving in with someone i literally barely knew. God showed me how amazing he really is throughout the past 2 months in the way he's worked in and through me. He has helped me learn my way here and helped me learn the language a little better to help with the communication barrier. The best part has seeing him work through jessica and i's friendship. You would think after living together for 24/7 we'd get in some kind of fight or get on the other's nerves but we've only grown closer and closer and i'm now coming home with someone i know i will be friends with for a lifetime! I can not stress enough how important it is to give everything to God and just put ALL your FAITH in him! I can't wait to see everyone! have a wonderful day!

James 2:17-18

In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do




No comments:

Post a Comment